Part (1 of 10) Planning Your Event
What are the criteria for determining if one of these events fits your needs?
- You should be within your first year of opening your business.
- You should be an existing business in a new location.
- You should be an existing business who has recently expanded or completed major remodeling.
Part (2 of 10) What type of event is right for your business
- Grand Opening – Can be formal but are mostly a casual event which lasts 1-3 hours.
- Ribbon Cutting – Formal event with a specific time for guests to be at your business. Business higher ups are present (public officials if present) greet guests and cut ribbon. Refreshments are always a good idea.
- Open House – This event is casual and lasts several hours. Guests come and look around (informally) and visit your business. Refreshments are a good idea but optional.